Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are the course start and end dates?
Each course is entirely self-paced, so there is no set start or end date; you have access to the course for three months. You can complete each course on your own schedule, and go back and review sections as needed. You can pace it out so you complete a module a week, or complete the whole course in a weekend if you want to start your new writing career right away -- it’s entirely up to you.
2. How long do I have to access the course I purchase?
Each course (and access to all Academy resources) is available for three months after the date of purchase.
By bundling courses, you receive longer access (and a discount). For example, when you buy a two-course bundle, you receive six months of access and a three-course bundle results in nine months of access.
You can extend your access to your course, as well as to all the resources available — including new webinars, Q&As and special events — by signing up for a membership of $25 per month.
3. How much experience should I have before enrolling in each course?
We offer three different courses:
- The beginner course is for writers who are just starting out and need help building a portfolio and securing their first clients
- The intermediate course is for writers growing their business who want to increase their rates and expand their client base
The advanced course is for writers who want to turn their writing business into a full-time venture
4. Do you offer any guarantees?
We think you’ll get a lot of value from our course materials. But if you’re unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us within 30 days and we’ll give you a full refund.
5. What does each course cover?
Each of the three courses is robust and covers different stages of building a writing career:
- Developing a portfolio from scratch
- Creating a pitch that gets results
- Finding your first (paid!) writing gigs
- Setting professional-level rates
- Getting paid on time
- Getting the appropriate business licenses and permits
- Tracking deadlines and client styles
- Handling interviews
- Managing difficult situations with clients
- Maximizing your time
- Transitioning to writing full-time
- Building a professional brand
- Choosing the right IRS classification for your business
- Managing payroll and accounting
- Hiring or contracting help for your business
- Developing products and services
- Streamlining your workflow
6. Can I really earn a full-time income as a writer?
Absolutely — we do! The three writers behind the Freelance Writer Academy — Ben Luthi, Miranda Marquit, and Kat Tretina — are full-time freelance writers. In fact, each of us earns six-figure incomes from writing. You can read more about our backgrounds in the About Us section.
7. What kinds of materials are included with the courses?
Each of the courses include video modules, supplemental resources, access to a private Facebook group, live webinars, and access to training and coaching from professional writers.
8. Who do I contact with questions?
You can email us at Contact@FreelanceWriterAcademy.com if you have any questions or issues.